Get Prepared for bounce at DEFINE
with a Few Helpful Tips!
If you’ve spent some time in your local DEFINE lately, you’ve probably noticed some fun new things popping up and around the studio. Maybe you’ve seen your friends coming out of the body studio dripping sweat and smiling ear to ear and wondered, what’s all the buzz about? It’s the newest class offering by DEFINE, bounce, a fun, high-energy, fat-burning 45-minute class of strength building for the body, mind, and heart. The ultimate high-intensity, yet low-impact bounce workout provides real results, all while you have fun jumping around with friends enjoying energetic beats!
Are you interested in experiencing bounce but not sure what to expect? Here are a few tips to get you prepped for your first class:
- Fuel your fitness – Like any intense workout, it’s important to fuel your body before and after class. Grab something light to eat at least an hour or two prior to your bounce class, making sure to give yourself plenty of time to digest before you hop on the trampoline. My personal favorite is a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter or a banana. After class, go for protein to allow your muscles to recover and grow. Grab a DEFINE foods protein bar as you head out of the studio! The cacao walnut is delish!
- Step up your shoe game – Give the grippy socks a break, and dust off your favorite athletic shoes. That’s right…we wear shoes for bounce! Shoes allow you to feel a little more stable on the trampoline and move a bit easier on the floor. Your favorite running shoe or cross trainer will do the trick, but feel free to treat yourself to a fun new pair of kicks. I’m loving all the fun, bright colors right now. Don’t forget to double knot the laces before hopping into class!
- Prepare to sweat – Be sure to grab a towel, plenty of water, and get ready to sweat! DEFINE bounce is a mix of high energy, low impact exercises on the trampoline that elevate your heart rate, followed by strength building upper body, core, and glute exercises off of the trampoline. What does that mean? It means you are going to sweat…a lot! Hydration is key for any workout, so be sure to drink water before, during, and after bounce. The towel will come in handy when you need to wipe the sweat out of your eyes, but it also works wells on the bed of the trampoline when doing core work.
- Come early – DEFINE bounce can be a little intimidating at first, so set yourself up for success by arriving 15 minutes before class. During this time, you can meet your instructor and get set up with your trampoline and props. Let your instructor know if you have any injuries or conditions they should be aware of. DEFINE bounce is suitable for all fitness levels, and each drill or variation can be modified, if needed. However, if you are an expectant mother, you probably want to hold off on bounce for now but be sure to check out our new prenatal strength class!
- Let loose and have fun – Don’t worry too much about hitting all the moves just right or looking like the person next to you. Make some noise, cheer on your neighbor (and yourself!), and smile…you’re bouncing your way to health and happiness!
Check out my DEFINE playlists! https://open.spotify.com/user/alisonbrookby/playlist/75HqD7H5OSwmeLbCuVmcCu