5 Tips For Staying Motivated by Lauren Mills
It’s easy to come up with excuses not to work out: laundry, grocery store, and work to name a few. In my case, it’s a new baby! Here are my 5 tips for staying motivated:
- Buy A New Outfit – Don’t have to tell me twice! A cute outfit is an instant confidence booster and mood lifter. As the saying goes “when you look good, you feel good”! Indulge in a little retail therapy for that extra nudge to get you off the couch and out the door.
- Mix Up Your Routine – Avoid burnout by changing up your classes. DEFINE has so many great options you’ll never get bored! While I’m primarily a DEFINE body girl, I can’t wait to try out the mommy + me class and the new Bounce workout.
- Workout With A Buddy – Not only is it more fun but it keeps you accountable. On the days when you’d rather skip, your buddy can provide that extra encouragement. Carpool if you can!
- Set A Goal – You need something to strive for whether it’s specific weight loss, tone &/or definition. Keep it realistic and measurable so you can track your progress. My goal this summer is to lose the final 10lbs of baby weight.
- Reward Yourself – Once you reach your goal, treat yo self! I bought a bikini during a recent sale and it’s serving as both my motivation to lose those final pounds and my reward once I do.
What keeps you motivated? I’d love to know! Share your tips in the comments.